Friday, August 12, 2016

Cleanliness

There's a girl who works at camp with me. She is quite big, bigger than I am (and I'm pretty fucking fat, let me tell you), and is just generally a negative person.
I remember a comment that Bella left about people with EDs and showering infrequently. I honestly don't know that I've ever witnessed this girl actually take a shower this summer. She has been spoken to a lot by our head of area and assistant director about her hygiene, but refuses to do anything to change. It's actually really gross and a little bit sad, and I wonder if it has anything to do with her weight. I mean, I shower very infrequently (this past week, I went Sun-Thurs without taking a shower, as in I took a shower on Sunday and didn't shower again until Thursday), but I work at the lake, and I'm in and out of the water constantly. I even wash my hair in the lake sometimes.

I don't know why I'm bringing this up. Just thinking about a lot of things, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've ever gone THAT along without showering. I think it has to be something to do with mental health and/or her body image, which just makes me sad that she's struggling so badly, if that's the case.

    I do go a week without fairly regularly, but I also have things like baby wipes and I'm looking to get some dry shampoo soon for when I just can't manage.

    I do really find the link interesting though. Mostly because I thought I was the only one, but when I actually raised the topic, I found a lot of others in the same position (a lot who thought they were the only ones too). People (myself included) are generally too embarrassed to talk about it, I think. I'm trying to put together a decent post to get the topic out in the open and generate some discussion, and hopefully, support and understanding for both myself and others going through the same thing. It's just taking me a hell of a long time to find information and put it all together. At the moment it's just a pile of notes.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, say something mean, say something useless, say something productive.

Say anything at all.