Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Chuggin'

I'm pretty much in the swing of things right now.
I still have the urge to binge (particularly today, because it was a terrible, awful, no good, very bad, day at work), but I'm not acting on it.
Probably because this whole program is so damn expensive, and insurance probably won't cover it.
(I'm too scared to call them to see if they will. Because the doctor's office doesn't take insurance, so they would need to reimburse me, which is a lot more difficult than going through the office. At least for me it is.)

Anyhoo, yeah, Sammy, it's a metric fuck-ton of protein, and I'm actually surprised I'm not hating it. I like how my body feels when it is properly nourished, but my mind will always crave the foods that make me feel shit.
As for the actual brand, I'm not entirely positive, but I believe it's only available through a doctor. It's called Optifast, and my doctor's office has their own protein bars that they sell as well. Those taste way better, but they don't have the same amount of nutrients (mainly potassium), so I can't supplement those for the Optifast.
I'm doing high protein shakes, which have 26g of protein each, and all of my protein bars are between 14-15g of protein per bar. My nutritionist gave me some recommendations for other high-protein things, there's apparently a whole bunch available at supermarkets and such, you just have to check the labels. Beef jerky is really high in protein, too, I'm gonna get that for my night time snacks next week, I think.

I also chug water on the reg. I'm supposed to have about 64oz each day, but I've been getting in upwards of 120oz. Which is probably way too much, but whatever.

I love you all, and I appreciate all of you who still take the time to read my blog. I know I haven't been very active as of the past few years, and it seems like our numbers are dwindling a lot. I hope that's a good thing. I hope those people have managed to move on from food controlling their lives, and are now happy and healthy in the sunshine. That's what I like to believe.

1 comment:

  1. My brother loves beef jerky because it's such a lean source of protein. The only downside is the salt with his hypertension. I even bought him a dehydrator a few years back so he could make his own jerky, but we've only used it a couple of times. Oh, and my mum eats these weird pork crackling snacks. They're in the aisle with all the chips, but they're mostly protein. Sometimes it's the strangest things that fit criteria.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, say something mean, say something useless, say something productive.

Say anything at all.