Monday, August 17, 2020

Moving forward

I've written, deleted, and rewritten this post about a dozen times now. I'll be honest - I did not really expect to get replies of any kind on my last post. It was especially crazy to hear from Anne! Hi Anne! It's been a really long time since I've heard from you, I'm glad to hear things are looking up for you. Keep an eye out for an email from me <3

It's taken me so long to write this. I've been stuck on what Bella said - my last post would have been a great way to end things. But I'm bad at goodbyes, and things... aren't over.


Some recent updates to my life:
-I just celebrated one year at my current job and in my current apartment, which has given me the time and extra money to take care of myself a little better than usual.
-I'm currently working with a nutritionist in an effort to start to repair my relationship with food. Right now I am trying to relearn hunger cues.
-I have a goal to write a novel at some point. Right now, I'm just working in finishing this blanket that I started crocheting over a year ago (it got lost in the move).



I've been a little overwhelmed thinking about writing a novel. It's something I always wanted to do, but never had the drive or motivation to accomplish. I've been toying with the idea of taking my old blog posts and editing them into a novel. There's certainly enough material there. But I wonder - is it a cheap, lazy cop out to do that? And also... Would it even be something that publishers would consider worth reading?
(Probably not, unless I turned the ending into some cheap "I learned to love myself and now everything is all better" self-help bullshit)





Life marches on, whether we're ready or not. 

2 comments:

  1. Write about what you want! Even if it becomes one of those self-help books, someone would pick it up. And you would be helping them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like things are going pretty well! It’s nice to see a positive update :)

    As for writing, check out NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). It’s basically a challenge to write 50,000 words in November. No one else has to read it, but I always found it good for just getting words on the page and a first draft done, and to not always look back to edit straight away. It’s been a few years since I’ve done it, but am thinking of picking it back up this year.


    xx

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, say something mean, say something useless, say something productive.

Say anything at all.