Thursday, February 19, 2015

A long and involved story of my life the past week.

Feel free to skip to happier things.


So, I can't say a whole lot about it, but last Wednesday I was arrested for petty larceny. It has been a ridiculous ordeal, and I haven't really been able to eat or sleep because of it. I met with a lawyer today, and he said that he will most likely (like 90% sure) be able to get the charges dropped down to a violation (trespassing). The good thing about a trespassing violation is that it isn't a criminal charge and won't go on my record.
The bad news is that my attorney fees alone are $800, plus possible fees from the court. I have about $270 in my bank account right now.

So today I went to a few different banks asking about loans. I applied for a credit card (which I will hopefully be able to get) just in case I'm not able to get a loan in time. One placed I asked had a minimum loan of $5000 (which is excessive) and the other place I asked said that my income wasn't good enough to qualify without a guarantor (like my parents). I haven't told my parents yet, so that's not an option.

I need to have this $800 by next Thursday. I'm going to a couple more banks tomorrow to see about different loans. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do if I'm not able to get a loan or a credit card.


I made a stupid mistake and now it's costing me. I regret it more than anything. Not really a whole lot more to say.

2 comments:

  1. look, when I was your age I made a whole lot of mistakes. It took me YEARS to correct them. I didn't have parents who would support me even if I asked them to. So if you do have the option of asking them for help, put your pride on the side and ask.

    It is not hard to see that you regret what happened, and that the lesson is learned. Do not let a mistake weigh you down for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay. We all make bad decisions. No judgement here.

    I know it's not ideal, but could you get a loan from pawn shop? It might get around the income/guarantor issue, and I think they'd loan smaller amounts, even if part of it gets put on credit.

    I'm sorry you've had such an awful week. I hope all goes well with the lawyer, and this'll all be behind you soon. Try to take care of yourself and get some sleep if you can <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, say something mean, say something useless, say something productive.

Say anything at all.