Monday, August 20, 2012

New beginnings, old memories.

I had a really fantastic summer at camp, aside from hooking up with A again, and him being a complete douchebag for the rest of the summer. It's hard to believe that this will be the last summer with some of these people. A bunch of the experienced guy counselors, including two of my really close friends, aren't planning on returning next summer. After our closing campfire, we usually go around and give everyone a hug. I had given all my hugs, and I saw one of them, R, and I looked at him, and he looked at me, and I held my arms out again, and he hugged me and said, "Yeah, I definitely need another one from you." We'd had kind of a rough summer, getting into a bunch of arguments, but he's really one of my best friends. He's one of two people that know about my, ahem, food issues, and he's the only one of the guys that actually knows how far I've gone with A. He was with me all through the marijuana fiasco, where one of the girls told my director a blatant lie that we had smoked on camp property, and he was one of the first to welcome me into their group my first summer.

Can you tell I'm really going to miss him?

On a happier note, without even really trying (alright, I did skip a few meals and purge once, and run a couple times) I managed to lose ten pounds. Next week, I start cheerleading, which will hopefully eat up my time and weight. Fingers crossed.
I'm nervous.

1 comment:

  1. YAY 10 pounds!!! Excellllllllllllent. It's a great way to kickstart a new term and stuff. And don't worry about not seeing those people. As gay as this sounds, like it becomes very apparent as you get older how fucked up it is that people in your life come and go... But it doesn't mean they're gone for good... they just won't be at camp :) YAY 10 POUNDS!!! You're beautiful. Xo

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, say something mean, say something useless, say something productive.

Say anything at all.